It has been quite a while since we last posted anything regarding our forthcoming trip. Last time we did, we declared our intention to visit Zaragoza. Well, cross that off! Surely, it is an interesting city but we mostly wished to visit in order to rest on our way to Barcelona, since our time will be limited. However, we opted to spend a bit of our budget on train tickets and we will reach Barcelona after a three hour trip. So, as we have taken care of every transport needs necessary here’s the final form of our itinerary.
- Day 1 We arrive in Lisbon late at night, therefore, a nap will be our sole experience of Portugal for the day
- Day 2 sightseeing in Lisbon
- Day 3 A visit to nearby Sintra and one of the nearby Praias for a swim
- Day 4 We check out of our hotel and continue sightseeing in Lisbon, till we catch the night train to Madrid
- Day 5 Spend the day in Madrid until we board an evening flight to Marrakech
- Days 6 to 9 are spent in Morrocco
- Day 10 Returning to Madrid after noon, where we catch the evening train to Barcelona
- Day 11 Sightseeing in Barcelona
- Day 12 some more sightseeing, before departing in the evening
To sum up, we are done with the main structure of our trip. So far the cost comes to 100 euro flight from Greece to Lisbon, a 23 € train ticket to Madrid, a 50 € air fare to Morocco, the same amount for the return to Spain, a 40 € train ticket to Barcelona and a 35 € flight back home. Total amount of 298 euros each for our main transports (We haven’t included smaller fees, such as public transport or taxis in the cities and the train ticket to Sintra). As far as our accommodation is concerned, we’ve already booked our stay in Lisbon and a couple of days in Morocco, so, we need to reserve rooms for another couple of days in Marrakesh and a couple more in Barcelona.
We’ve also quite determined which places to visit during our stay in Lisbon, but we’ll present those once this list is conclusive.